How impactful can a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates be? Well, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. recently unveiled a special collection of eight seasonal gifts to benefit Smile Farms®, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating meaningful jobs in agricultural settings for individuals with developmental disabilities. Now through December 24, 2019, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., which owns several gift companies, will donate 20 percent of the net proceeds from purchases made from this collection to Smile Farms, the company’s signature philanthropic partner. This marks the second year the company has curated a selection of gifts from across its family of brands to raise funds and awareness for Smile Farms.
“It’s estimated that 80% of adults in the United States with a developmental disability are unemployed, making the work of Smile Farms more important than ever,” said Chris McCann, Chief Executive Officer, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. “Through this special holiday gift collection, we invite our customers to help us support Smile Farms in expanding on its mission to generate job opportunities for people who are differently-abled and provide them with a way to contribute impactfully to their local communities.”
Smile Farms strives to create work opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. Through their employment at Smile Farms, adults and young adults can master new skills, experience teamwork, give back to their communities and take home a paycheck. Smile Farms supports this underserved population through its eight locations throughout the U.S. – and counting.
“We’re so appreciative of all the support 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. and its talented team provide to Smile Farms year-round – through volunteering their time and resources, and being proud brand ambassadors who stand behind our mission,” said Jennifer Low, Vice President, Smile Farms Inc. “This holiday initiative is a wonderful example of all they do for us. Donations are essential to growing Smile Farms, and the funds raised from this special collection will go a long way in helping us create more jobs for individuals with differing abilities.”
Items featured in the 2019 holiday gift collection to benefit Smile Farms are:
- 1-800-Flowers.com® Very Merry Christmas ($49.99): This hand-gathered arrangement of red and white roses, carnations, mini carnations and spider mums delivers joyful cheer for the most wonderful time of the year.
- Harry & David® Snack Basket ($39.99): This Snack Basket comes brimming with the most popular snack mixes, caramel Moose Munch Premium Popcorn, gourmet dried fruits and tasty mixed nuts to share and enjoy. Everything arrives in a reusable basket finished with a beautiful blue bow.
- Simply Chocolate® Divine Distinction Tower ($89.99): This tempting tower will amaze and delight any chocolate lover. The distinctive black and gold boxes hold cravings like almond bark, dessert truffles, butter almond toffee squares, dark chocolate caramel pretzel clusters, Tuxedo Decadence nut mix and chocolate-covered grahams.
- 1-800-Baskets.com® Premier Favorites Sweets & Treats Gift Basket ($69.99): This stylish basket is brimming with favorites like Totally Caramel Popcorn, Frosted Buttercream and Snickerdoodle Cookies, Dark Chocolate Truffles, Kettle Corn Clusters and much more.
- Cheryl’s Cookies® Merry Christmas Gift Tin ($46.99): This tasty assortment of individually-wrapped Buttercream Frosted Cut-out Cookies is delivered in a cheerful Merry Christmas gift tin.
- Wolferman’s BakerySM English Muffin Sampler Basket ($29.99): This gourmet gift, presented in a chipwood basket, features the Wolferman’s Bakery famous Super-Thick English muffins, a dark chocolate chunk scone, tangy fruit preserves, robust premium roast coffee and a signature spreader.
- The Popcorn Factory® A Magical Holiday Tin (3.5 Gallons) ($48.99): This popcorn tin, featuring a whimsical, snow-filled holiday scene, is filled with 56 cups of delicious Butter, Cheese, Caramel and White Cheddar Popcorn.
- Moose Munch® Premium Popcorn Classic Tin ($44.99): Moose Munch Premium Popcorn is crafted in the Pacific Northwest using only the finest ingredients. Recipients can indulge in several delicious flavors, including Classic Caramel, S’mores, Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.
Will you make a purchase?